St. John's Wort Ingredient and Atripla

I purchased some herbal tea supplement tea that has organic St. John's Wort Leaf and Flower in it as one of many blends of herbs ingredients (Valerian Root extract 20mg, Passion Flower Extract 10mg, and proprietary blend of herbs(Licrice Root, Spearmint leaf, Chamomile flower,Skullcap leaf, Cardamom seed, Cinnamon bark, St. John's Wort leaf and flower, Rose hip, Raspberry leaf, English lavender flower - all organic and Stevia leaf. The box said * daily value not established. It also gave a warning about taking MAO inhibitors 9not sure what that is) or other prescriptions drugs. i only use on tea bag one night to help me sleep. Should I be concerned about the St. John's Wort leaf and flower ingredient causing problems with my HIV meds? I feel find, but don't know what goining on on the inside. This one tea bag won't cause any adverse medical problems will it?

There is concern that use of St Johns wort can decrease the levels of the efavirenz in Atripla. Though the amount of St Johns wort in the herbal tea may be minimal that may be difficult to determine so the best general advice would be to avoid St Johns wort altogether if taking Atripla or at least inform your HIV specialist so that more careful monitoring can be implemented. KH

pregnaacy y aluvia
Atripla