Mental Health: Am I Losing It?

I don't know what's causing a difference in my personality and mental well-being. Is it the medication I'm taking, Atripla? Or is it the fact that I worry about stress at work effecting my numbers, which constantly puts me on edge and on the defensive? Or a combination of the two? I'm in the U.S. Navy and the change in my behavior is getting noticed and actually getting me in trouble. Is there anything I can do to become myself again?

Some patients on Atripla (usually due to the efavirenz) can have persistent annoying central nervous system side effects. Checking efavirenz levels and a good neuropsych evaluation are often useful to sort out what is going on. If the efavirenz seems to be a factor then a switch to an alternative regimen (such as a boosted-PI, raltegravir, or nevirapine based regimen) is worth considering on a trial basis. KH

pregnancy and TDF
Interrupting Atripla treatment