Side effects of ATRIPLA after 5 weeks with none?

Hi Keith,

Thanks for all your posts that have helped me with my decision to start meds. I am a 37 years old HIV infected 8 years ago. I have always felt healthy for all that period, and never had any meds until 5 weeks ago. My VL never went higher than 5000, but my CD4 count has been in the low 300s for the past year and a half, therefore I decided to start despite my low VL. I started with ATRIPLA 5 weeks ago, and have not felt any side effects at all, not even day one! But I have been feeling extremely tired for the last 3 days, is it possible to start developing simptoms now? As long as I know 2 first weeks are the worst period.... but in some way it is different for me. Do you know any cases? Not any vivid dreams thought!

Thanks.- RALPH

Your fatigue/tiredness could be due to delayed effects of the Atripla (efavirenz) but that would be somewhat unusual (seen in < 2-3% of persons starting Atripla after 5-6 weeks). I would discuss with your HIV doc to see if there is any other factor contributing to your tiredness.

Is it possible to develop increased side effects with Sustiva?
medication