|Alot of news recently of minocyclines anti hiv benefits
Apr 13, 2010
Was on minocycline for many years for acne, but have recently been switched to Doryx or doxycycline. My question is, are the two drugs close enough for me to still retain the anti hiv benefits? Its said the anti inflamation of the drug some how helps slow down the hiv virus replicating..
| Response from Dr. Henry
Minocycline may have some beneficial effects for HIV related brain problems but data is scant at this point in our knowledge. It does have anti-inflammatory properties but the actual clinical benefit and long term safety remains unnown. More studies need to be done before can be recommended for treatment of HIV-related conditions. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.