Atripla also effective in reducing cocaine cravings

Please print the following information on your website to help those of us who face drug addiction--namely cocaine--with HIV infection...

I write to you from Iowa where I have recently switched to Atripla from Truvada and Reyataz because of the appeal of a 'one-pill-a-day' regimen and doctor's information that it has the fewest side effects and better for blood levels. Though the side effects include (for me) a CONSTANT "drunk-like" feeling, so BOTHERSOME at times that I have felt like disbanding my venture into new and different meds, I have to say that this drug has done something inceredibly wonderful for me in addition to maintaining good blood labs. It has all but STOPPED my physical cravings for cocaine, a drug to which I have been addicted for the past 10+ years (crack). I almost came to the point of demanding a switch until I realized the effect that this has been having on me. I hope it continues. I am also working a program diligently, but anytime (in the past) that I have allowed the fantasies of drug-use/sex to enter my mind, the physical cravings for cocaine became overwhelming. Over the past few weeks, I have been "testing" my mind and body with similar thoughts (very carefully and rarely) and the physical cravings aren't there. Even though I find myself in this "drunk-like" state due to the Atripla, the fact that the cravings are gone has been an enormous help in beating my addiction. I have gone a month and a half without the use of cocaine and I haven't done that in over 10 years!

Is this something that has been previously reported/studied? This is HUGE, to me and I sure hope that others facing similar issues will be made aware of this "breakthrough" via this website. Of course, there has to be a willingness to stop the drug-use, but I have found it to be an incredible aid.

Is there a component in Atripla that has been shown to curb cocaine-cravings?

Thank you.

I haven't seen any independent verification of that observation in a publication nor have I heard that from any patient in our clinic. If any reader has had a similar experience or knows of a published reference please post. KH

Abacavir allergy and oral sex
first same as last