|Foods and Supplements to gain weight
Apr 2, 2010
While on HIV and TB treatment what foods and supplements can one buy or get here in South Africa to gain weight and look healthier?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Such recommendations depend on an assessment of your clinical status as well as diet and exercise habits. There is no one size fits all recommendation that I can make nor does one form of nutritional supplement merit blanket endorsement. Taking TB and HIV meds is often hard on the stomach/gut so maintaining good calorie intake with standard vitamin supplementation is the starting point for further intervention often supervised by your HIV specialist often with input from dietician if available where you are located. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.