Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

atripla low t-cell count with undetec viral load
Apr 2, 2010

I have been on atripla for about a yr now & my T-cell count does not get above 540 but do have undetect viral load On prev meds combivir and viramune my Tcell's where always close to 750 also with undetect viral . Does this sound normal for someone that has been switched to atripla and been on it for over a yr ? I actually would like my tcell's to be higher than the current results

Response from Dr. Henry

CD4 recovery on Atripla in studies generally compares well to CD4 recovery with other regimens. There may be individual variation but I cannot with any confidence recommend a switch to another regimen and count on better CD4 recovery. Once the CD4 count is > 500 (clinically that is a reassuring CD4 count) there are often large fluctuations in the count so being patient and observing trend in CD4% and count is often reasonable in situations like yours. KH

Previous
Best treatment for moderate to severe psoriasis for newly diagnosed
Next
Beer effects

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.