Best treatment for moderate to severe psoriasis for newly diagnosed

I have just recently been diagnosed with HIV following a severe flare up of my psoriasis. I have suffered from psoriasis for most of my life (I am 50) and usually take methotrexate to control it. I am concerned about what will now be the best treatment for me given my HIV status. From what I read methotrexate will now be out of the question. What would you propose, what about the new biologic drugs?

Depending on the situation, methotrexate can still be used (carefully with judicious choice of HIV meds to minimize risk for side effects). I have had numerous patients with psoriasis and HIV infection and in most cases we have been able to achieve good control for both conditions working with dermatologist and often a pharmacist to make sure optimal drug compatability is achieved. KH

itching
atripla low t-cell count with undetec viral load