Apr 2, 2010
started taking truvada and nevirapin about 2 weeks ago,but av had diarhoea and am itching which is giving me rashes this were actually the reasons why i took a test in initially, what do i do about them
Response from Dr. Henry
Itching after starting nevirapine and Truvada is most often due a reaction to the nevirapine (needs to be carefully monitored) or related to immune reconstitution often with flare-ups of preexisiting skin problems. Can be tough to sort out so recommend being seen by your HIV specialist sometimes with help of skin specialist (dermatologist). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Eyes Sign Of HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.