Atripla Skin Side Affects

I was diagnosed with folliculitis by my dermatologist, in which she thinks I have. I been on atripla for a year and a half now, and ever since last July I would break out with red bumps from my inner thighs. Which causes itching during certain hours of the day, the red bumps now have spread from my inner right thigh towards my leg, lower torso, foreskin of penis, sides of abdominal area, upper side torso of chest, inner side of upper arms, and around gluteus maximus. They appear with no discharge, but may be clear liquid from time to time, this goes on every few weeks. But these bumps are leaving markings on my skin, I know the atripla is causes this because they appear in cycles, and in the same region on the other side of my body. She wants me to try using hibiclens 4 % two times a week with cetaphil antibacterial soap. She prescribed me doxycycline hyclate 100mg for and dispense of 60, and evoclin 1% foam. I going to try the evoclin, but I had doxycycline before which did nothing but reduce the itching, and cause me to feel nauseated. Im just trying to reduce, or get rid of this condition, without changing HIV medication since I also have Hep B. Do you know of any topical, or oral medications I could use to treat my condition, or a reference of any dermatologist with HIV medication skin condition knowledge in New Orleans, La.

Thank you reading

Eosinophilic folliculitis is another conditions that can cause symptoms as you describe. Sometimes using an anti-fungal shampoo as a regular soap in the areas involved (ie ketoconazole 2% shampoo) can help. I do not know of an HIV-savy dermatologist in New Orleans area-if any reader has a suggestion or recommendation for s dermatologist in New Orleans please post. KH

Tenofovir (truvada) and kidney disease - prevention
hiv meds and sinusitis treatment