|Fat loses or Thinning
Mar 10, 2010
My wife started 5yrs ageo on another med combination and now she is taking AVOCOMB-N (Lamivudine, neverapin,Zidovudine)for yhe last 3-months and her body is becoming deformed by legs and hands thinning away. One can easily see that her hands & legs are showing too much veins and too much muscle. What can be the solution...
| Response from Dr. Henry
No easy solutions-may be fat loss due partly to the zidovudine. If possible a switch from zivodudine to tenofovir or abacavir is recommended if those drugs are available in your area. There is no intervention that is available, safe, and effective to stabilize or reverse fat loss. A clinical assessment by an experienced HIV provider is recommended to look for other contributing factors. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.