Mar 4, 2010
I started taking my HIV medication 20 days ago and I haven't had any of the side effects I was worried about (vivd dreams, rash, etc.) However, since 15 days ago, it seems that there is a small inflammation-like at the very tip of my penis, and it hurts a bit (not continuously). I don't think it is an STD, since there is no other symptom and I haven't had sex in over 2 months and I do not have unprotected sex. Could this be in any way a side effect from taking STOCRIN and TRUVADA ?
| Response from Dr. Henry
It is possible but unlikely that such a localized skin problem would be due directly to your HIV regimen. Sometimes immune reconstitution can temporarily cause skin flare ups--I recommend you having your HIV doc look at the inflammation at next visit or sooner if it worsens. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.