Interaction between meds & anaesthetic?

I am scheduled for a minor surgical procedure in a couple of months. The procedure will involve local anaesthetic and sedation. I am in good overall health, undetectable virus and t-cells in normal range. My question relates to my current regimen (Efavirenz, Lopinavir/Ritonavir, Lamivudine) which is working well for me.

I notice that there are potential interactions between the Sustiva or Kaletra with commonly used anaesthetic/sedatives (e.g. midazolam). My question is, should I take a break from treatment before the procedure, and if so, how long before should I stop to ensure drug levels are low enough to avoid interaction issues? I am aware of the risk that a drug holiday may facilitate the development of resistant virus.

HIV+ patients on your meds can safely undergo surgery with anaesthesia with some adjustment in either the meds used or the dosing of the meds used for anaesthesia. I would not recommend stopping your HIV meds for the surgery. The anesthetist (sometimes with help from pharmacist and your HIV specialist) needs to review your meds and develop a plan. KH

burping is side effect
Heart palpitations/Belching