Medication and Herbal Contraindications

My Acupuncturist has prescribed a Chinese Herbal Supplement by "Health Concerns', called ENHANCE. I am on Trizivir and Isentress. He says that ENHANCE is used for people with HIV and on meds and that there are no real problems with contraindications. Any information?

Most herbal meds can be taken with Trizivir and Isentress which have less interaction problems than generally seen with protease inhibitors or efavirenz. It is unlikely that any formal studies are available looking at that product and the drugs you are on. The list of ingredients and amounts need to be reviewed to be able to comment further-I would show that to your HIV specialist for his/her review. KH

dizziness and armpit discomfort side effects
plavix