Common Side Effects

Is it common to experience ongoing side effects whilst taking anti viral medication to treat HIV?

For example: I am on Atripla and although all my tests come back fine sometimes I have random bouts of excessive wind, or stomach upsets, or experience sudden feelings of sickness which doesnt last long and never results in actually vomitting.

I have been on Atripla for a few years now and it does as it should but wondered if the odd side effect is expected?

I have had camera tests up and down and an ultrasound and all come back ok so no its nothing serious but sometimes i worry.

Some patients will have ongoing GI complaints from either the tenofovir or the efavirenz in Atripa. The only way to find out would be to change your HIV meds in a careful manner to see what happens to your symptoms (which are fairly nonspecific and occur often in general population), KH

How To Understand Results!
Nevirapine rash