Feb 25, 2010
Hai am 40 years and been taking atripla for 9months now with no problems, my cd4 is now 560 from 229. Am having recurring thrush, could it be the side effects of atripla? Please help or diet. What should I do. Am eating well taking lots water n fruits and vegetables.
Response from Dr. Henry
Atripla does not cause thrush. Peristent low CD4 cell counts and oral health issues can contribute to ongoing problems with thrush. Use of antibiotics can also contribute to candida problems in that setting. May want to get dental consultation to make sure that you have thrush versus some other condition (such as oral hairy leucoplakia). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.