HAART with antioxidant
Feb 19, 2010
Im curently on HAART treatment:KIVEXA(Abacavir and Lamivudine) and efavirenz for a month already. Recently I bought a suppplemnt of L-glutathione,Alpha Lipoic Acid and Ascorbic Acid. Will these supplement intefere with my HAART treatment effectiveness?
Response from Dr. Henry
Though formal studies lacking most patients can safely take those supplements with Kivexa and efavirenz without significant interactions. Your HIV provider should be aware of use of other medications or supplements so that unusual reactions can be monitored. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Look Like An Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Ways To Stop Vaginal Bleeding
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.