Feb 16, 2010
Is there any problem when replacing ARV treatment with alternative treatment?
Response from Dr. Henry
Changing HIV medications (due to simplifying or minimizing side effects) when they are working (viral levels suppressed) and with no history of resistance usually goes well if situation is reviewed by HIV specialist. If there is a history of resistance or if viral levels are not suppressed then switching can be more complicated and needs even more careful consideration. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.