pregnant - 4 yrs on combivir and stocrin and changing to aluvia

Hallo Doctor, Am in south africa. I have been on stocrin and combivit since mid 2006. Now i want to have a child/become pregnant. My doctor says efavirenz aint good for pregnancy hence changing me from combivir/stocrin to aluvia/combivir. Will i have any side effects. Can i go back to my first regime (combivir/stocrin) after delivery. Aluvia has too many pills to take. Thanks

Aluvia (Kaletra in US) is one of the recommended HIV drugs for pregnancy. I have followed scores of pregnant HIV+ pregnant on Aluvia based regimens and they have generally done fine (mom and baby). Side effects are usually stomach related (loose stools and gas/fullness). You can go back to the Stocrine after delivery in most situations-good luck with the switch and your pregnancy plans. KH

i have lost 80-90% of my hair after starting medications
Swollen legs