i have lost 80-90% of my hair after starting medications

I got diagnosed november 2006 and started on Norvir,reyataz and Truvada the same time.After that i have had a significant hairloss.I have lost around 90 % of my hair!! I dont feel my doctor takes it seriously,but for me it have effected my personal life in a high degree.

It is difficult to know whether hairloss is a result of medcication or other factors .Since i have had 80-90 % hairloss from i started the medications(november 2006) up til now, can this say something about medications versus other factors?

Are there reports by other patients experiencing hairloss using these medications?

Are there other alternative medications which are more "safe" concerning hair loss?

I have seen (and heard about other cases) patients with prompt hairless after starting effective HIV meds. The rate seems low overall (<< 5%) and seems to occur with a variety of HIV regimens/meds so I cannot with any confidence recommend an alternative regimen as being more hair friendly since data is scant and studies on that are essentially non-existent. Whether switching off the Truvada (? Epzicome or possibly raltegravir) would help is uncertain but something to consider. Seeing a dermatologist to see if other factors are involved may be reasonable. Some patients who lost hair after starting effective ART did experience a stabilization and then regained some of the hairloss so a further problem in assessing the effectiveness of any intervention is the variable course of the hairloss over time . Sorry to be so non-specific/unhelpful but data is scant which is frustrating. KH

What's the best treatment for Psoriasis
pregnant - 4 yrs on combivir and stocrin and changing to aluvia