Follow-up to Liver Detox

I was reading the question to you about liver detox. In your answer, you said to avoid excessive use of acetaminophen. I was wondering what is considered excessive.

I had back surgery 10 years ago. Since then, I've taken acetaminophen daily. I think most of us never heard of liver issues with this drug until the early 2000's. I never take more than the daily recommended amount. Right after surgery, I'm sure I did. After becoming HIV poz, I began watching the amount I take everyday--became more focused on health issues. I don't think I take more than 2,000/mg a day.

I hear docs say excessive use and always wondered what their definition is and whether they disagree with the recommendation that if you don't use more than 4,000/mg a day, you should be fine.

Thank you.

Good question regarding what is safe amount of acetominophen to use ling term. If other liver issues (hepatits C, ? hepatic steatosis=liver fat, ? use of NRTIs long term,chronic alcohol use ) then safe level may be lower than usually stated but no precision in the recommendations. I would feel better if daily amount less than or equal to 2-3000 in settings with underlying liver problems with frequent monitoring. KH

Getting my liver Detoxed from all the med. use?
What's the best treatment for Psoriasis