PEP and glaucoma

Good morning,

I'm a 26 year old woman with no family history of eye disease and was told yesterday after an eye exam that I seem to have glaucoma (I was at the doctor's office to follow up on a traumatic eye injury and she said further tests have to wait until the injury heals).

I usually see an optometrist and not a doctor, and the glaucoma tests there have always been normal (granted they do not do the same test).

I took a month long course of combivir and viread in september after a needlestick, and my question is: are either of these medications known to either cause changes in glaucoma or cause changes in the eye that would mimic glaucoma on exam? I'm a little nervous having to wait for further eye testing and if Combivir or Viread cause these changes, I have a little hope that my eyes won't get worse now that I'm off the meds.

Thank you! Your website has been one of my favorite medical resources for years. I think you guys are doing amazing work here.

I am unaware of any cases of glaucoma that have been triggered by use of Combivir + Viread--if any reader is aware of such a situation please post!!! Additionally, glaucoma has not been identified to be a problem for patients who have been taking those meds long term for HIV infection. KH

Taking meds all at once
High ALT and drug change problem.