d list drugs and peripheral neuropathy

I was on the D-list drugs for 11 years and developed peripheral neuropathy in hands and feet. I am allergic to Protease inhibitor drugs and am now on Viramune and Truvada for about 14 monthes. The peripheral neuropathy has not improved and have had cognitive issues the past year. Any Suggestions?

Recommend evaluation for vitamin and other micro-nutrient deficiencies. Referral to HIV-knowledgeable neurologist and pain specialist often helpful. Use of drugs like gabapentin sometimes helpful but aggressive pain relief is key to maintaining good quality of life. If your HIV is controlled with current regimen then I don't have much confidence that neuropathy likely to be helped by switch to a different regimen. KH

Trizivir - first time-scared
Taking meds all at once