Reglan/Metoclopramide

Its not a question but I do hope you post this, I have been taking this medication for nausea for over ten years, and now I have Dystonia (tardive dystonia), it has no doubt been caused by this medication, I am going to be seeing a neurologist to see what can be done, but even by stopping the drug, the effects are usually irreversable. I would warn anyone taking reglan/metoclopramide long term for nausea etc to speak to your GP/doctor about changing the drug for the newer classes of drug IE (zofran) that do not have this devasting condition attached to it. It has taken me four months to convince my doctors that something horrible has been going on, and as I suffer with anxiety, it seems everything I ever seem to get is anxiety related. I just worry when its time to start hiv treatment that long term use of these drugs will not have any devasting side effects in years to come. My best wishes to everyone and to all the doctors who work on this website.

Your situation with a side effect of Reglan is noted-thanks for sharing. KH

lipodystrophy
Combivir & Viracept for 12 years, now neuropathy?