Sustiva and pancreatitus

I've been hiv+ about 10 years. When diagnosed I entered a study for a new drug that turned out to be Trizivir and have had great results (undect and 700+ cd4) but developed thinning of my legs and belly fat so I asked to come off the AZT portion. My Doctor put me on Epzicom & Sustiva. Within a month I noticed abdominal pressure under my rib cage to the left and lower GI pain with loose stools (not quite diarrhea) I had elevated Lipase/Amalase levels (in the 100's not 1000's results showed) and severe pain that was diagnosed as pancreatitus after a single glass of wine on 2 occasions about 2 months apart. I am a very light drinker. After 14 months of GI trouble and every test, i.e. gall bladder, endoscope, ultra sound of pancreus from inside my stomach (showed slight inflammation at head) I am back on Trizivir and feel much better, no pressure and normal bowel movements) after only 10 days off Sustiva. When I had the endo ultrasound I was told I did not have pancreatitus and probably never did. I am worried about having more thinning of legs and wasting. I am convinced Sustiva was the problem but couldn't convince my Doctor so I changed Doctors who has heard, rare as it is of GI, gastro, pancreas trouble. Any ideas and suggestions? I am mortified at the thought of lipo facial-wasting. Thanks for your consideration.

If you have no history of drug resistance then use of a raltegravir (or possibly a ritonavir boosted PI) based regimen coupled with Truvada (or possible Epzicom) might be worth considering in order to minimize risk for fat loss. KH

T-cells 1400+ undecetable for over 10 years and facial wasting
DR's and PRN..-Pain