Low Grade Dyspasia

I recently had an anal pap-smear (who knew that men can get a pap-smear!). My Proctologist told me that it showed that I have Low Grade Dysplasia. The only research I can find about this condition refers only to women and Cervical Cancer. Can you please explain to me what this diagnosis means for a man? I have been having increased HPV activity on my neck and face, and perhaps in and around my Anus.I am wondering if that may be related to the diagnosis I mentioned above. I have been Poz for around 23 or so years and have done ok so far. Since finally finding a cocktail that is effective, my VL has been undetectable and my T-cells fluctuate between 90 to 210 in the past year. Previous to the availability of Issentris, there was not HAART treatment for me due to resistance to every single drug. I had sky high VL and 0 T-cells for a few years. Thank you!

Anal dysplasia is usually due to HPV infection and is common in HIV+ persons. The course is variable and treatment options are sometimes limited so often not clear at this point what is best approach to take. Monitoring for development of more severe dysplasia is often recommended. Treatment of underlying HIV infection does not necessarily help the HPV infection-that topic is under study. Available data seems to suggest that the HPV related anal dysplasia often remains a problem even in situations where pxs are on effective HIV treatment. KH

gynecomastia
side effects