Pregnant and scared

Hello Dr. Henry, My name is Jennifer, I am just now 13 weeks pregnant. I am positive and my husband is negative. We were very excited to find that we were pregnant. The virus was well controlled before the pregnancy with Epsicom and Reyataz. I was undetectable and my tcell count was around 700. My infectious disease doc. took my off my meds and at the end of my first trimester put me on Kaletra and Combivir. So far, my body has handled them like acid in my blood. I have been up through the night either throwing up or on the toilet. It's been awful! I'm so afraid for the baby. My Ob, prescribed Zofran for naseau, but I hate to put more meds in my system, and so far they haven't helped with the diarrea. In your trusted opinion, can I go back to the Epsicom and Reyataz...this is AWFUL!!!!! I am so afraid for the baby. Please help.

I have had good luck with Reyataz based regimens in pregnancy (often with ritonavir boosting with an increased dose in last trimester) though Kaletra + Combivir is what is officially recommended (in my experience patients have more side effects with that regimen than many newer regimens for which there is less safety data). KH

OHL and on stable HAART
Switching Sustiva to Viramune