Peripheral neuropathy

I have been positive since 1985 I had Toxo in 97 and started taking meds.. due to side effects I quit meds for three years Im now back on 5 mo. ts had dropped to 57 vl sky high.... I haven't seen my most recent labs but I know Im feeling better the constant diarrhea has stopped and I much clearer mentally. I am now dealing with my health issues now that I feel Im not going to die soon... and want to get correct diagnosis so I can feel better. I have Peripheral neuropathy diagnosed 93. in 97 I had toxoplassmosis. I started taking hiv meds after the toxo So the neuropathy pre dates the hiv meds. I started having gastro symptoms after the toxo I ate only small amounts Vomited every day every morning. and kept little food down I gained 100 lbs. this continued for 10 years I could not explain why I was over weight and still not eating much and vomiting .. In 2007 I started losing weight over 100 ldb. was hospitalized many times dehydrated because of acute vomiting, not having any bowel movements. I was diagnosed with gastropereses GP. I asked my GP doc if the GP could be caused by the HIV or side effects from medication He said No. I asked why I had it he said..." I guess your just lucky" wow. any way I now have more symptoms. Dizzy spells my heart rate is off . And I am unable to orgasm ( my doc now says it is stress) I don't think so its been over a year. I have read online about autonomic neuropathy and think that ay be what is going on. Are there any treatments for autonomic neuropathy I can not take the meds in the class of neuronton I have sever side effects. I don't want to go threw a long process of new drs appointments to just find I do have it and can do nothing. any suggestions or info on autonomic neuropathy? Thank you Blessings for the New Year

Autonomic neuropathy can occur due to HIV infection (usually in pxs with history of very low CD4 counts) and is often difficult to manage. I have not had much like with drugs like Neurontin for autonomic neuropathy but sometimes a focused approached (ie Reglan for gastroparesis) may help. In some cases a gastric feeding tube (place in jejunum) has been helfpul of provide nutrition and meds bypassing stomach. An assessment by an HIV savy neurologist and/or gastroenterologist can be helpful to sort out contributing causes and possible useful interventions. KH

Fighting Lipodystrophy
high cholesterol