Side Effects of HIV MEDS (Bad Dreams)

I am taking Epzicom (abacavir sulfate and lamivudine) and Lexiva (fosamprenavir calcium) and am having very violent and scary dreams. Which med do you think may be the problem? Do they both have side effects?

Severe abnormal dreams are not commonly reported with your regimen (much more common with efavirenz based regimens). If one of your drugs is directly linked to the bad dreams my first guess would be the Epzicom. In that case switching the Epzicom to Truvada (and ritonavir boosting to the Lexiva) may be a consideration meriting discussion. KH

Parotid Gland Swelling
Penis Enhancement Pills And H.I.V