Increasing Side Effects Of Atripla

I have noticed that the 'buzz' that I get after taking my Atripla has seemed to get a little worse. Any thoughts on why that may be happening ? I take the meds at noon to help with the sleep problems.

Thanks and PLEASE keep up the great work here at Ask The Experts. Your answers and support really help.

Charlie Vieni

If the buzz is getting worse after 4+ weeks of Atripla then I would be concerned that in your case the fixed dose of efavirenz is too large. Getting efavirenz blood levels may help sort that out. I often would seek input from a HIV savy pharmacist. If that is the case then either taking Truvada + adjusted individual doses of efavirenz or switching the efavirenz to an alternative such as raltegravir or a boosted PI would be an option. KH

AZT Issue
Parotid Gland Swelling