rash with atripila?

I was on atripila for two months and developed a horrible rash on my neck hands face. Dr. told me to discontunue and put me on issentress and truvada once daily. He told me to expect it to go away within 2-3 days and it has been 4 days and it seems worse. What should I do?

Rashes caused by Atripla can take several weeks to clear. It is somewhat unusual to develop a rash after 8 weeks from one of the components of Atripla (usually the efavirenz) but it can happen. If the rash was due to one of the other components in Atripla then use of Truvada (2/3 of Atripla) would be expected to not solve the problem. Many other conditions can cause a rash so close contact with your HIV specialist and possibly a consultation with a dermatologist is recommeneded. KH

Colon Cleaning
AZT side effect