rash/hives

my boyfriend started to have rash or what it seems to be hive on his arms, legs, and chest. he has been taking atripla for almost a yeard should we be worrie about it. this started 1/11/2009.

Rash would unlikely be related to the Atripla after one year of treatment so most likely another explanation. I would recommend that he see his HIV specialist to evaluate the rash to try and find the cause and make a treatment recommendation. If the rash also involves the eyes, mouth, lungs or is worsening with fever and other symptoms then that is very serious and requires immediate evaluation. KH

Pregnant woman with HIV
Swine Flu Vaccination and ITP