|hiv and babies
Jan 8, 2010
my son is hiv positive and his wife have a seven month old baby boy. the mother tested for hiv several times during pregnancy and tested nagative. is it posible that the baby can be hiv positive.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Babies born to HIV-negative mothers are not at risk for HIV infection even if the father was HIV+ (baby gets infected from mother/not father though if mother gets infected with HIV by the father during the pregnancy or while breastfeeding then there is a risk to the baby). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.