re: enlarged liver and atripla (light colour stools)

I have started on Atripla since exactly a month, my stool has turned light coloured since 4 days. My doctor is testing my bilirubine. In your experience will this condition disappear once my liver gets more used to or is this hepatoxixity and the medical advise form will be to try another retroviral? ís there anything I could to help my liver in case of hepatoxixity and be able to continue with Atripla? Further my urine is fine,and I am fine. I am also taking prednisone 20mg for my ITP for 3 weeks.

Acute liver toxicity is not very common with Atripla-perhaps more common in some patients with underlying liver conditons such as hepatitis B or C where immune reconstitution can complicate the picture. Light colored stools can be due to other factors than drug related liver toxicity. Laboratory work up including liver enzymes can sometimes help sort out what is going on. It is unusual (but does occur) to have to stop Atripla (or one component of it) due to acute liver toxicity from the drug alone. KH

viagra usage
atripla in the morning