HIV+ wife, brings worry into my family

Recently my wife and I went for HIV tests. the results were she turned out positve and I am negative. We have remained strong in the face of this result but it is undeniable a new chapter that I was not prepared has started in my life. we have one son aged 11, I am 49 and she is 35 years old. Dr I have spent countles hours with counselors and researching the internet. My wife was not well all last year 2008 with various weekly visits to hospital. May she was complaining of restlessness and anxiety. She also started taking HBP medicines to keep her pressure down. In October this year she came down with a severe stomach infection and was hospitalied for 4 days. Its was then that the sero status came to light. She recovered well and her CD4 count is well above 800 units. She has started to take septrin on a dialy basis. Dr I wouls like you to chart me through what I likely to happen to my wife and what management interventions I should take to prepare for the upcoming situations. We live in Uganda and we have joined and HIV/Aids care social care network.

If your wife's CD4 count is 800 then she is not likely to be in any immediate danger to develop an AIDS related complication though TB, malaria and other infections can pose problems and need to be treated appropriately if present. She can transmit to you during sex though the risk is greatly reduced if she is on effective HIV treatment (antiretrovirals). Antiretrovirals are not used routinely in Africa unless CD4 count is < 200-350 due to cost and other considerations. If she has access to CD4 monitoring and antiretrovirals when indicated then she has a good long term prognosis from the HIV standpoint(life span likely measured in many decades) so connecting with a good HIV clinic with careful follow-up is highly recommended and very likely will result in protection from clinical AIDS. KH

GHB Truvada Norvir & Reyataz
Stop takng the meds but rash is still there