I have the rash associated with viramune and I am worried. Should I be?

I took atripla for about a year and all of a sudden I became completly depressed. My Dr. switched my meds to viramue and truvada. I was on both drugs for about 5-6 weeks and the drugs seemed to be working without any negative reactions. So, my Dr. increased my Viramune (as recommended) and a week later I got the rash. It was mild at first and only on my face. After about 3 days it flared up and covered my entire body. My dr. immediately took me off the viramune and now I am only taking the truvada and benadryl. I have been to see my Dr. and have my liver monitored every other day now and the tests on my liver are good. My concern is that it has now been 9 days and the rash has not gone away or even shown signs of getting better. How long does the rash usually last, and should I be worried???

Thanks,

JS in Phoenix

Rash can take weeks to resolve. Concern is greater if liver damage occurs and/or eyes/mouth/lungs (mucousal surfaces) are involved. May want to consider adding another drug such as a boosted PI or raltegravir depending on past treatment history and availability. KH

medication
Pain Medications suggestions? I have massive amount of Pain