Use of fresh garlic when taking Atripla

I tested pos in Feb 2007. Since then I have stopped drinking alcohol, surfing and swimming everyday and basicly making an effort to get on a healthy track. Part of my diet consist of smoothies which I use a few cloves of fresh garlic in the prep. Someone recently told me that Garlic and Atripla do not mix. Is there a difference between fresh garlic and herbal supplements. If you could please clear this up for me that would be great. Aloha from Hawai'i and have a great holiday!

P.S. Mahalo for all the great info on the site

Reasonable uses of modest abounts of natural garlic theoretically may decrease efavirenz levels but the concern has been more when medicinal forms of garlic are used regularly (If any reader knows of a study looking at the effect of standard cooking/eating forms of garlic and efavirenz levels please post!). Efavirenz levels could be checked without and without garlic use at the level you are taking so know for sure in an individual case.

Eye Exam
interaction between sibutramine and atazanavir