|can switching from sustiva to another medication help?
Dec 9, 2009
atripla rendered me impotent, i learned that sustive could be the culprit. can switching to another medication resolve this problem?
Response from Dr. Henry
Occasionally Atripla (most often the efavirenz when that occurs) can directly cause impotence. In the absences of other contributing factors (stress, depression, other drugs such as antidepressants, low testosterone levels, diabetes)a trial on an alternative regimen (such as a boosted-PI or raltegravir based regimen) depending on treatment/resistance history or a careful trial using a drug such as Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra is worth discussing. KH
weak and non-lasting erection
post pep fears
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Cut In Mouth Drinking Out Of Someone's Glass HIV Risk
- HIV SHARING A LANCET WITH BLOOD
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.