|can switching from sustiva to another medication help?
Dec 9, 2009
atripla rendered me impotent, i learned that sustive could be the culprit. can switching to another medication resolve this problem?
Response from Dr. Henry
Occasionally Atripla (most often the efavirenz when that occurs) can directly cause impotence. In the absences of other contributing factors (stress, depression, other drugs such as antidepressants, low testosterone levels, diabetes)a trial on an alternative regimen (such as a boosted-PI or raltegravir based regimen) depending on treatment/resistance history or a careful trial using a drug such as Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra is worth discussing. KH
weak and non-lasting erection
post pep fears
- Hepatitis C White Blood Cell Count
- Can You Get Hiv From Someone In A Pool?
- How Long Do Symptoms Of The Mouth Begin If Hiv Infected?
- Can You Get The Hiv Virus From Drinking Out The Same Cup?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Hep A And B How Much Time Between 2nd And 3rd Shot
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.