|can switching from sustiva to another medication help?
Dec 9, 2009
atripla rendered me impotent, i learned that sustive could be the culprit. can switching to another medication resolve this problem?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Occasionally Atripla (most often the efavirenz when that occurs) can directly cause impotence. In the absences of other contributing factors (stress, depression, other drugs such as antidepressants, low testosterone levels, diabetes)a trial on an alternative regimen (such as a boosted-PI or raltegravir based regimen) depending on treatment/resistance history or a careful trial using a drug such as Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra is worth discussing. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.