below ankle and below knee swollen

i have been taken tripla for 3 months now. In the first month, just below my ankle started swelling up it started in the right for a day then moved to the left foot.. it was like a vain or tendant was tighting up on me.. now two months later i am having the same problem but just below my right knee. its so bad i cant walk. i haven't done anything for this to be happening.. could this be a side effect from the medication ? Thanks for your help

The swelling you describe unlikely to be due to the Atripla but a clincial and laboratory (focusing on kidney, liver, and cardiac status) is recommended. Occasionally the tenofovir in Atripla can precipitate kidney problems so that needs to be checked for. More often there are local blood or lymph drainage issues in the leg or pelvis that cause the type of swelling you describe. KH

Herb & Spices Concern
hiv meds