Herb & Spices Concern

In a Nov 25th post titled "What can I take with Atripla" it was mentioned the "Garlic and St John's wort can decrease the effectiveness of efavirenz in Atripla." I have been cooking with garlic powder for a few months and I would like to know should I been concern that my HIV med (Atripla) is possibly compromised and will I become drug resistant to atripla now? Also, What herbs and spices besides St.John Wort should I avoid eating and cooking with? What happens if I accidentally eat an herb or spice in food at a restaurant unknowingly?

Modest amounts of garlic powder are generally OK. No data available for most spices and in general I would not be concerned about spices causing a direct problem with Atripla. If any reader is aware of any data regarding other specific spices and problems with Atripla please post! KH

anal fistula
below ankle and below knee swollen