Norvir Side-effects

I just read a post about Norvir and Lexapro. I've been hearing many depression meds can cause issues with Norvir. I went to a website called Drugs.com or something like that. Besides the depression meds, it was saying caution should be used with Truvada, Reyetaz, and Norvir. That is a very common regimen. Is that info incorrect? Very confused now.

Norvir (ritonavir), Reyataz (atazanavir), and truvada (tenofovir/FTC) is a commonly used regimen with a good record of effectivness and safety. The ritonavir boosts the levels of the atazanavir which has numerous advantages. There is some data that numerous boosted protease inhibitor based regimens might modestly increase renal problems seen with tenofovir though overall rate is low. Caution language is common for many regimens ( I would say that caution= careful attention to details/outcomes would be proper when using any drug) including use of drugs like ibuprofen (GI bleeding, renal problems) and Tylenol (liver problems) so that type of wording needs to be put into proper context. Patients are routinely monitored both for any symptoms that develop as well as lab safety tests looking for problems that could be drug related. KH

Follow-up about Depression meds
getting fat