Is this article right

I was reading an article on Web Md that said the average life of a person after AIDS development is 2-3 years. That does not seem to be in line with the comments I read on thebody.com Here is the link to the article. http://www.webmd.com/hiv-aids/guide/hiv-symptoms

In the pre-HAART (effective therapy) days the average life expectancy of a patient diagnosed with clinical AIDS was in the 2-3 year range (with wide variations)so that estimate is quite dated. Newly diagnosed AIDS patients with access to effective therapy now have a markedly improved prognosis which depends on individual variables but it >> 10 years in many circumstances. I have scores of AIDS patients who are now doing well > 10 years since diagnosis and I expect them to do well for decades to come. KH

Forgetfulness getting worse
headache