Atripla and insomia

I am tqking Atripla and the one side effect I have is insomia. My Doctor did prescribe Restoril but I still wake up about 3 hours after going to sleep. I take the Atripla right before I go to bed. Once I wake up I have a very hard time going back to sleep and resting the rest of the night. I was thinking of starting to take it around 6 AM since I don't usually eat breakfast until 9 AM. Do you know of others who take it early in the morning rather than at bedtime and do well taking it then. Thanks for any informaion you may be able to give me. LB

Perhaps 5-10% of patients on Atripla have ongoing sleep problems due mostly to the efavirenz. For many of those patients, a switch to AM dosing (as you discuss) can be helpful. Use of sleep aids, prescription meds et cetera can provide symptoms relief but in some cases a switch to an alternative regimen (ie raltegravir or boosted -PI based) is a reasonable consideration since neither of those approaches have much effect on sleep patterns for most patients. KH

Monitoring pcr after starting HAART?!
Forgetfulness getting worse