Intelence (question from Russia Moscow)

Dear Doc, I m from Moscow Russia,the quest is: my doctor give me intelece+Kivexa for the first line, is it possible for people who never take therapy like me? My analises: CD - 276, 18%, viral - normal 4500 (we have much in Russia is 60000 and more to start therapy, hepatitiû Ñ is negative pcr for 1,5 year. I could not take 3 lines becouse of effects : Sustiva+Combivir= sustiva is awful, Reataz+Combivir= i was yellowing all and my billirubin was 80 (normal is 20,the last one was Kaletra+Combivir and my billir was 60 (normal is 20. So, my doc reccomend intelence/ I m worry becouse intelence is the last line of therapy? Is it? Do you reccomend it first med? I nave thrombocytopenia for 4-5 year, HIV+ for 8-9 year. Thank you before you answer. Intelence apper in Moscow only today. I will be waitting....

etravirine (Intelence) is currently awkward to take (2 pills twice a day) and has been mostly studied in patients with treatment experience/resistance. It would be expected to work well in patients with little/no resistance (including your situation) and is generally well tolerated (major drawback is pill count/twice a day dosing). Thus use of Intelence in a situation such as yours should not be viewed as last line of therapy. CCR5 inhibitors, integrase inhibitors, and other boosted PI options would often work well as well but may not be presently available in Moscow but hopefully that will change in the near future to provide other options. KH

Atripla Side Effects
Life expectancy of an HIV positive person on treatment