Stomach bloating

Hi I was diagnosed in June, and began a regimen of Truvada, Lexiva and Norvir. My viral load is 60 (and dropping)and 2 months ago my T cells were 390(probably higher now). A couple of months in I noticed my stomach becoming bloated, I'm guessing due to visceral fat. I've read that this can be a side effect of PIs. My question is would changing my regimen to non PI medications possibly reverse this effect? And if so, what regimen would you recommend?

The bloating is more likely due to gas than rapid accumulation of fat (relatively uncommon with your current regimen). A clinical examination and sometimes X-rays (such as abdominal CT scan) can sort out the cause. Gas from either the protease inhibitors or tenofovir can cause bloating /fullness. If dietary and symptomatic measures and time don't see some improvement then a switch off the PI to a NNRTI (such as efavirenz or nevirapine) or an integrase inhibitor (such as raltegravir) could be considered as well as from Truvada to Epzicom (if HLV B5701 negative ) if the tenofovir appears to contribute to the abdominal fullness. KH

Myelopathy in HIV
Kivexa\Stocrin and Viagra\Cialis