Gallstones

Hi there, My partner was diagnosed two years ago, rather than go into lots of things that have been bothering him, may I just ask your advice. Last year my partner had chronic upper right abdominal pain, he had scans they showed dilation of the common bile duct. Since then the pain has come back and last for sometimes months, most of the drs dont seem to have believed him and not given him app pain relief. He recently had an mrcp that showed his gall bladder is inflamed, stones in the gallbladder and bilary sludge. He has been unwell for so long and is chronically depressed, his thyroid t4 t3 levels keep rising and then going back to normal. His next appointment is over 3weeks away, a nurse told him the results of the scan over the phone. If you had a patient with this what pain relief would you recommend, normal co-codamol 30/500 with iburofen are of no use to him, his is often in chronic pain, and along with the symptoms of thyroid which is experiencing I just feel so sorry for him, and in a way a bit angry how some in the medical proffesion may not have quite took his pain as serious. If you could perhaps give me some advice so I can ring his local doctor and ask for pain medication until all this is sorted. He is not on hiv treatment at present.

Thanks again.

One has to be somewhat cautious (unfortunately) when treating biliary pain with stronger narcotics since some can aggravate biliary colic (Pain) or mask serious complications such as perforation. Getting a surgical consultation as soon as possible is recommended to determine when or if gallbladder surgery should be performed. KH

Tinnitus and AZT?
Extremem chronic Pain