Unusual side effects with Isentress

Hello Doc. Thanks for answering my question Current regime: Isentress (twice a day) and Truvada Previous regime: 3TC, VIread and Sustiva for 4 years I have switched some of the meds because was tired of Sustiva side efffects such as insomnia, dizziness, vivid nightmares etc. Now since I have started this new regime 9 months back, I have terrible muscle tension headaches, unusual tiredness and fatigue and paresthesia. My doctor have suggested I can switched Isentress to Intelence or be back on Sustiva for about 12 to 14 days to see if Isentress is causing all these undesired effects. I am currently relunctant to start with a new drug at this time and I am thinking going back on Sustiva for 2 weeks. I guess I will have to go through all the side effects of the beginning all over again. What is your advise?? Thanks again

Raltegravir can sometimes cause headaches. Perhaps a trial of a boosted protease inhibitor might also be considered (such as ritonavir + darunavir or atazanavir) depending on your past treatment and resistance history. My patients often do well with such regimens and a month trial in the setting of suppressed virus may be worth it to sort out that annoying side effect for you. KH

PRESSURE AND BURNING IN EARS
OSTEOPENIA