Nov 4, 2009
Is it possible to treat swollen glands caused by HIV?
Response from Dr. Henry
The generalized lymphadenopathy that can be seen with HIV infection (due to concentration of virus and immune cells there) often will diminish months after the initiation of effective antiretroviral therapy though the course in variable. There is no other intervention I can recommend to simply shrink enlarged lymph nodes unless there is another infection or disease is present and addressed -thus a good medical evaluation is recommended. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.