peripheral neuropathy

I have been HIV pos for 23 years now. I have been on many drugs like Zerit and Videx. My T Cell is 226 and no viral load. In 2007 I started having pain and numbness in my left toes and foot. Then it started to move up my calf. Then my right toes and foot started but then stop. I have had the nerve conduction test and they were positive for peripheral neuropathy. What do I do about the massive pain. I have been to a pain clinic but with not much luck. My primary care/HIV Dr. is out of option. I have been on oxycodone15 mg with methodone 30mg and lyrica 200mg and it still is not helping. Im afraid that I maynot be able to walk in another year HELP.

Need to remove if possible any drug that could be contributing to problem. Lidocaine patches, capsaicin topical, gabapentin, acupuncture, spinal cord injections or infusions and other options can help some patients. You need to discuss further options with your HIV specialist but sounds like a difficult situation that can be frustrating even in the best of hands. KH

hiv+ patient
weight gain