Do we need to check viral load
Oct 23, 2009
My partner has been + for 4+ years, we are living in Cambodia and he is routinely screened every 3-6 months. It's not possible to have his viral load checked here but we could go to Thailand. His CD4 is currently 700+
Response from Dr. Henry
The plasma HIV level is not critical in many situations for the decision of starting HIV treatment. Clinical status and CD4 count can be used in many situations for monitoring. HIV RNA levels are often useful in monitoring effective HIV therapy once started. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
- Vinegar For Genital Warts
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.