|Do we need to check viral load
Oct 23, 2009
My partner has been + for 4+ years, we are living in Cambodia and he is routinely screened every 3-6 months. It's not possible to have his viral load checked here but we could go to Thailand. His CD4 is currently 700+
Response from Dr. Henry
The plasma HIV level is not critical in many situations for the decision of starting HIV treatment. Clinical status and CD4 count can be used in many situations for monitoring. HIV RNA levels are often useful in monitoring effective HIV therapy once started. KH
Newly Diagnosed MS in HIV - where are experts?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Speed Up Recovery Of Genital Herpes?
- 3 Month Negative Turning Positive At 6 Months
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
- Can You Get Hiv From A Lancet Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.